If you are in Sydney and you want to know what it is going to cost to get a TV antenna installed, look no further. Sydney Wide Antennas will be able to help you.
TV antenna installation cost usually ranges between $300-$700.
10 Factors To Consider For A New TV Antenna Installation
No one wants to pay more than what they have to. With antennas it is no different, although it is true that you get what you pay for. Here’s some factors to keep in mind when choosing a company to install a new tv aerial. Some of these are factors we take into account when determining what we should quote for each job;
- Quality of materials
- Technician workmanship & experience
- Signal strength & signal quality
- Type of property (single vs double storey, domestic/commercial, tiled or metal roof)
- Area (is there a blackspot or is it hilly?)
- Booster required?
- Extended mast or high mast required?
- How many TV points? Any new ones required?
- New or old home?
- Previously had an antenna on the roof?
The above factors are why the price for each TV antenna installation cost can vary. Usually the cost ranges from $300 – $700.
Some areas of Sydney are renowned for poor reception. Suburbs like Maroubra, Coogee and Palm Beach are well known for poor reception. In these suburbs you may need an extended mast or a high mast installation.
How long will the antenna last?
Properly installed, our TV antennas will last 15-20 years. We only use high quality Australian made antennas.
Sometimes we have to replace an antenna that someone else has installed 1-3 years ago.
In our industry there is a lot of inexperienced installers, DIYers, electricians and handymen who use the cheapest antennas on the market. If someone is quoting $150-$299 to install an new TV antenna it should be a warning to you. Usually they will be using inferior products and have little to no industry training.
Beware of cheap and nasty antennas and inexperienced installers!
We do proper signal testing to ensure the antenna will perform long term will last many years. Having been in the industry for decades we are always available for support. You can have peace of mind knowing our antennas and systems are tested and time proven.
We also adhere to the strict guidelines of the Australian Communications And Media Authority (ACMA) regarding the analysing of digital strength. With pre and post MER & BER readings.
9 Reasons Why You May Need A New Antenna
Every week we replace old antennas and underperforming TV antennas that are not serving their purpose. Here are some reasons why;
- Broken components – parts break over time due to birds and the weather conditions
- Faulty components – although the antenna is good, the reception is bad due to faulty parts
- Dodgy antenna – cheap antenna that is poorly made or installed
- Water Logged antenna – sometimes antennas get installed upside down and water gets into the balun
- Incorrect Antenna – the wrong antenna is installed for the particular area or property
- Old Age – The antenna is past it’s use by date, it use to perform well, now it doesn’t
- Something Blocking The Signal – property, hills, or other structures now blocking or weakening the signal
- Electrical Damage – Lightning or power surge can damage the antenna
- TV Image Pixelating – weak signal may cause images to pixelate or lose service altogether
Usually we can give you a pretty good idea of what it is going to cost for a tv antenna installation over the phone. However, with the many factors we’ve listed above, it’s important to get one of our qualified technicians out to confirm the price and what is required.
Get in touch with Sydney Wide Antennas today to organise your TV aerial replacement. Call 0428 442 828 so we can let you know how much your TV antenna installation cost will be.